“The role change from keeper of knowledge to facilitator of learning presents a challenge and an opportunity for educators to dramatically change the way their students learn
Interactivity as a pedagogical technique requires a fundamental change in the way education is delivered. In his book, Growing Up Digtal, Tapscott identifies 7 ways this change occurs:
- From linear to hypermedia learning.
- From instruction to construction and discovery.
- From teacher-centered to learner-centered education.
- From absorbing material to learning how to navigate and how to learn.
- From schooling to lifelong learning.
- From learning as torture to learning as fun.
- From the teacher as transmitter to the teacher of facilitator”