- Exponential growth of technology/software in every part of our life
- Exponential awareness/knowledge of the brain (doubling knowledge yearly); creating working models of brain simulations in exact mathematical terms
- Late 2020’s — we’ll have computing to simulate the human intelligence
- Wisdom vs. Intelligence? Ray is asked if he sees wisdom increasing as well as intelligence. He mentions the oft-discussed (mis-understood) ‘wisdom of crowds’, too, like Google or the aggregate of the blogosophere.
- The democratizing of knowledge — huge impact on education. The cost barriers are dropping like flies constantly, so anyone can create previously impossible projects/products. Same with distribution of e-courses (like MIT’s).
- Ultimately,it won’t matter if you are in the classroom or not. Still have access to a high level of education.
- Educators will become “mature guides” to “guide you through the world” of education and information